Sunday, March 21, 2010

MacHeist and Software Bundles

One of the first steps in my development adventure was to get and setup the development environment. Since my primary machine was currently a Windows PC, it was time to once again make the switch. One of the joys of such a switch is finding software for the mac to replace whatever I used to run on the PC. Given that I have hundreds of software CD’s around I was preparing for the worst. What I am finding though is that my needs can be handled by a rather limited number of apps.

In one case there was a utility I was using in demo mode, with mere days left before it expired, when I heard about MacHeist and their nanoBundle. Very luckily my utility was on the list and the whole bundle was the same price as the one software package. Before I would have never thought to buy one of these packages, now I am totally for it. Out of 11 apps I am already using 4 daily and will likely begin to use another 3. The biggest value was being introduced to software I would never have seen or used otherwise and the productivity benefits I am receiving from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment